Tomato Health Benefits are unmatched. It can be counted both in fruit & vegetable. In tomato there is high amount of vitamin A, K, B1, B3, B5, B6, B7 & Vitamin C, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper. They are rich sources of antioxidants which has been many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. Tomato contain high amount of vitamin A. vitamin A has often been associated with excellent eye sight. you can use tomato as a condiment, sauce or soup. Not only tomatoes are delicious, they also keep the skin healthy.
Health Benefits of Tomato
Consumption of tomatoes and tomato-based products has been linked to many benefits regarding heart disease, cancer prevention and skin health.
Heart Health: Cardiovascular disease, including heart attacks and strokes, is the world’s most common cause of death. A study in middle-aged men showed that low blood levels of lycopene and beta-carotene are linked to increased risk of heart attacks and strokes. Increasing evidence from clinical trials shows that lycopene supplementation is effective at lowering LDL cholesterol.
Clinical trials of tomato products have also shown benefit against inflammation and markers of oxidation stress. They also show a protective effect on the inner layer of our blood vessels and may decrease the risk of blood clotting .
Cancer Prevention: Cancer is a generic term for the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells that spread beyond their normal boundaries, often invading other parts of the body. Observational studies have found links between tomatoes, tomato products, and fewer incidences of prostate-, lung- and stomach cancers.
The high lycopene content is believed to be the main reason for these protective effects, but high quality human trials are needed to confirm this. A study in women shows that high concentrations of carotenoids, found in high amounts in tomatoes, may protect against the development of breast cancer.
Studies show that tomatoes and tomato products may reduce the risk of heart disease and several cancers. They are also considered to be beneficial for skin health, and may protect against sunburns.
Here are some tips to get healthy glowing skin using tomatoes.
- Removes Blackheads: Take a slice of tomato, add some sugar on it and rub it gently on your face 10-15 minutes. After that wash with cold water. This will remove all blackheads and make your skin glow.
- Smooth Skin: take tomato juice and mix honey with it make a thick past, apply all over the face and leave it to 20 minutes, after that wash with cold water and get a smooth skin.
- Natural Bleaching Agent: Tomato is considered as a natural bleaching agent and its very useful in lightening the skin tone. Prepare face pack, tack 2 teaspoon of mashed tomato, 1 teaspoon of oatmeal and 1 teaspoon of honey mix it. Apply on the skin and leave it for 15 minutes after that wash with warm water. This will improve the complexion of your skin.
- Prevents Aging: Tomato contains high amount of anti-oxidants and vitamin C. Anti-oxidants reduce the signs of aging. Vitamin C improves hydration and keeps your skin fresh and look young.
- Fight Acne: Apply tomato pulp to affected area and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash with warm water. it used regularly, your skin with become acne free and clear of impurities.